Anonymous
Q:

Is my seven year old brother behaving normally?

My seven year old brother has some worrisome behaviors that I have become concerned with. He is a very bright boy and a great student, but he seems to be lacking socially. I fear one problem may be that he has become very attached to playing video games. The other night I saw him crying hysterically over not winning the game. He also gets very angry and hostile over video games when other people play with him. He has anger problems with being told what to do as well. He sometimes appears to be deaf and doesn't respond when spoken to or just sits there and doesn't do anything. He doesn't look at adults when they speak to him and he has to be forced to respond to them. His eating habits are the most worrisome, everyday he only wants to eat toast, chips, or some other junk food. Nothing else. I've tried many times to persuade him to try new things but he refuses and becomes hysterical. Could he have symptoms for a mental disorder?

|

Your brother is very lucky that you look out for him!  Sounds that you are concerned with his social development and emotional wellbeing.  I think that the best approach would be to talk with his regular health care provider who could evaluate your brother's hearing and developmental progression and direct his care as needed.

Bets regards.
0
0