Midnight431
Midnight431 asks:
Q:

Do you think that my eight year old daughter would like "summer school"?

I don't want my daughter to forget everything she learned in school so I thought of having classes with her every other day. I didn't know then I came onto this websites and found these really cool worksheets. Do you think she would like having classes with me every other day, so she doesn't forget
In Topics: Working with tutors, Camp and summer enrichment

|

KidAngel

The best way to make sure that students are clear headed and ready to start a new school year is to do a 2 week review right before school starts. Nothing labor intensive just a nice review to get her prepared for the new school year. Perhaps 90 minutes in the AM and another hour or so before dinner or right afterwards. This way she gets to have her summer break and you get to be reassured that she will be ready for her new grade! I hope this has helped!
Barbara Antinoro
Educational Counselor
Kid Angel Foundation

0
0

joiie
joiie writes:
how would you like me to explain
my mum told me that i was going to ashfieldschool but i change my mind and she said that i was going to sutton centre and she told me that i was going to summer school. so your daughter should asked. my name is jiio.

0
1
joberhau
joberhau writes:
Hi Midnight 431,

My mom used to worry about the same thing.  She used to get us a workbook for the summer to review math from the year before.  If we completed them (as correctly as we could) we would get to do fun activities like have friends over, etc.  I remember the workbooks weren't the most fun in the world, but I think they helped me not to forget things over the summer.

Julie

1
0
Shaquetta
Shaquetta writes:
No,I don`t think that you should put your daughter in "summer school because as a child the summer is the best time of the year.The best thing to do in to put her in a camp where the work on the things that a child would do in summer school.But remember that that camp should also have good teachers and fun activities for her to do.I hope this helps!

0
1
Absolutely Yes!

No, I don't think your daughter would want to be "stuck" in school, BUT I understand your question to mean that YOU will be working with her... so YES!

My daughter has just turned 9 and we have "school" each summer and I include my son who will start Kindergarten soon and they love it.

My only advice is to keep it fun and be flexible with your time so that it doesn't seem like a job to you and a chore for them.

Best wishes & Have Fun Learning!
Karen

0
0
Anonymous