buildabear_1920
buildabear_... asks:
Q:

How do I help my three year old listen to me and start talking more?

im a  21 year old single mother of a three year old little boy im asking for help because he wont listin to anyone specially me. i  put him in time out before i spank him but latly even putting him in time out and talking to him and spanking him does not help. when he does somthing wrong i correct him and the second time he does it i put him in time out sitting in a chair and he gets out of time out and spanking him doesnt help he keeps doing it over and over again and it also feels like he has a screaming problem and whining problem and doesnt talk that much. if anyone can give me advise that would be great!

|

Sounds like you are concerned about your child's language development and behaviors.  

A 3-year-old should be able to say many clear words and build short sentences.  If he is not, you should talk with your son's regular health care provider as soon as possible.  He or she will recommend a hearing evaluation to make sure that your son's hearing is intact.  If testing is normal, your son needs speech therapy.  

Your son's behavioral issues might stem from the fact that he either can't hear well, or is unable to express himself, or both.  Once your son's health care provider figures out what is the cause of your son's speech delay, together you'll be able to decide what would be the best course of action to help him!

0
0