rachelkarasanyi
rachelkaras... asks:
Q:

How do I get my five year old son to listen and behave?

My son is always getting in trouble at school for hitting and kicking. He also plays around in the cabbies when he should be sitting. I have tried taking away his toys and games and television, but he still does the things that he is not allowed to. What can I do?

|

When you son is doing things that are upsetting you or not appropraite you need to stop your son's behaviors and quietly tell him what he is doing wrong and what you would like to see him do.

Practice with your son at neutral time how to be a good friend and what to do when someone upsets us. Even pretend that you are riding in a cab and what would you like to see him do in the cab.

You might even think about having a special cab bag. Put some small toys and books that he can play with only in the cab.

The most important thing is to make sure that you praise appropraite behaviors.

You might also want to check out the website www.parenting.org they have some great ideas and parenting suggestion.

1-800-448-3000

0
0