cubbiebear
cubbiebear asks:
Q:

My nine year old son was suspended for a whole year from school. How do we transition him back to school?

At the beginning of grade three he could just not cope with school. He started getting frustrated and that lead to rage. We tried a behavior program and it just continued. After 8 months the divsion suspended him. We have been going to a psychiatrist and counselor. No one really seems to know what is going one. He is extremely smart. We have had many assessments done and everyone says he is more then capable of doing school. He has no friends. So now that the suspension is over how do we get him back into school. He has been doing school at home and it only takes him 2 hours to do. He has had no desire to participate in extra curriculum activities. He is a perfectionist. It has been very hard to teach him school at home. Not one of my strengths. We would love for him to be back in the system we just don't know how to do it. The school has really been no help. They just say when he is ready send him. They also want to put him back in the behavior class. HE failed once. I have a hard time understanding how it will be successful the second time. He has little trust in adults. He has never hurt a child through this process. He always goes after things or adults. Mostly things. Any ideas would be so much appreciated.
In Topics: Back to school

|

Pamela Winterbottom
Hi there, try this book. http://www.amazon.com/Learning-How-Learn-Ron-Hubbard/dp/1584600055 I really think it will help you and your son.

0
0