keyonam
keyonam asks:
Q:

my nine year old need help understanding his work.

my nine year old is a smart child but when ever he read he doesn't understand what the story is about and he a slow learner when coming to his school work.you have to repeat thing to him more than once.he can't focus for too long. Plz tell me how can i help him
In Topics: School and Academics, Learning issues and special needs

|

It would seem that your son is experiencing a history of academic difficulties. Therefore, you may wish to seek the consultation of the school academic team in order to try and figure out how best to help our son within the school environment. Together with the team of educators you may find ways to help him stay on focus, improve memory techniques or more.   Make all requests for a meeting to discuss possible evaluations or observations in writing.  

In addition, please feel free to write out your concerns and questions prior to any formal meetings.

Here is a link to guide you... http://www.nasponline.org (press the parents tab)

Best wishes!

Louise Sattler, Psychologist

0
0

garrettgum123
garrettgum123 writes:
I used to be that way. I used to hate school and not want to work. Now I LOVE school! If he is in 3rd or 4th grade, he may like it when he gets older!

0
0