celticwoman
celticwoman asks:
Q:

going through younger siblings being loved more

I'm being pushed aside while my parents love my younger brother and sister. They tell my brother to go to college and my sister to do well in middle school. But when it comes to me they just say you will not go to college, you will not get a job, you will not join the army. I'm feeling left out and that they do not love me anymore. They just try to control me and tell me what they want. They never ever tell me that they are proud of me and the hardships i'm going through at school. I do not think they understand that i'm almost done with high school and feeling nervous about it.
In Topics: Teen issues, Parenting siblings

|

Please tell your parents how you are feeling, whether it is verbally or through a letter.  They may be able to tell you more about why they say or do the things that they do.  Communication is key in parent/child relationships.  Keep the lines of communication open.

Also remember that just because your parents say something like "you can't go to college" doesn't make it true.  Prove them wrong!  Get great grades, be active in school, and then apply for scholarhips and maybe you can get that college education.  Don't let your parents decide what your life will end up looking like, that will be your decision.  Right now you may feel powerless because you are under your parents care and are legally a minor, but it will not be that way forever.  Your life is yours and you get to make of it what you want.  

Please take care and remember that you can call the Boys Town National Hotline 24 hours a day at the number below, free of charge.  We are here to help, you are not alone!

Counselor, NZ

Boys Town National Hotline-A Resource for Parents and Teens
www.YourLifeYourVoice.org
1-800-448-3000
Friend us on FACEBOOK today &
Access the live on-line support feature on www.yourlifeyourvoice.org  8-11p CST M-Th

0
0
Anonymous