Advocacy (page 2)
As the only national membership association dedicated to advocating on behalf of parents as they prepare for and put their children through college, College Parents of America represents more than 35 million households – one in every three households in America – a critical constituency in national – and state-level debates on higher education issues.
On Capitol Hill
In the coming year, members of Congress will be considering a number of issues affecting college costs and the impact on your pocketbook. Among these issues and the planned activities of College Parents of America are:
- An increase in the amount that an individual may receive through a Pell Grant, a figure which has remained stagnant at $4,050 for the past few years. In support of this issue, College Parents of America is an active and vocal participant in the Student Aid Alliance.
In State Legislatures
As college tuitions for public universities nationwide have continued to increase, reaction at the state government level has ranged from indifference to defiance. College Parents of America is monitoring, evaluating and actively participating in all higher education initiatives in state legislatures on behalf of America's college parents.
College Parents of America plans to work closely with statewide organizations to maintain and expand funding for state universities, independent colleges and community colleges.
Reprinted with the permission of College Parents of America. © 2007 CollegeParents.org
Washington Virtual Academies
Tuition-free online school for Washington students.
- Coats and Car Seats: A Lethal Combination?
- Kindergarten Sight Words List
- Signs Your Child Might Have Asperger's Syndrome
- Child Development Theories
- GED Math Practice Test 1
- 10 Fun Activities for Children with Autism
- Social Cognitive Theory
- Why is Play Important? Social and Emotional Development, Physical Development, Creative Development
- The Homework Debate
- Problems With Standardized Testing