Angelfood Surprise Cake (page 2)
One serving is 1/12th of Cake; Calories: 32; Protein: .5gram; Fat: 1gram; Carbohydrate: 5gram; Sodium: 25 milligram
4 pack Sugar-free gelatin
1 cup boiling water
1 cup cold water
Add boiling water to gelatin. Stir until dissolved about 2 minutes. Add cold water. Chill for 1 hour or until gelatin has thickness of egg white.
1 pound size Angel Food Caketeaspoon 6" diameter
Place cake on serving plate. Cut off top of cake 1/2 inch down from the top. Set top aside. Cut a 1 inch ring in remainder of cake, so that the walls of cake on the inside and outside are 3/4 inch thick. Scoop out the middle of the cake
1 cup frozen berries*, unsweetened, strawberries or raspberries
Add to thickened gelatin. Fill cake with mixture (there may be 1/2 cup of leftover gelatin). Replace cake top and refrigerate 1 hour.
2 cups Cool whip "light" topping
7 whole berries
Using a metal spatula or knife, frost cake with topping. Refrigerate until ready to serve. garnish with berries just before serving.
1 serving = 1/3 starch/bread
Reprinted with the permission of the Department of Health and Human Services.
Add your own comment
Today on Education.com
WORKBOOKSMay Workbooks are Here!
WE'VE GOT A GREAT ROUND-UP OF ACTIVITIES PERFECT FOR LONG WEEKENDS, STAYCATIONS, VACATIONS ... OR JUST SOME GOOD OLD-FASHIONED FUN!Get Outside! 10 Playful Activities
- Kindergarten Sight Words List
- The Five Warning Signs of Asperger's Syndrome
- What Makes a School Effective?
- Child Development Theories
- Why is Play Important? Social and Emotional Development, Physical Development, Creative Development
- 10 Fun Activities for Children with Autism
- Test Problems: Seven Reasons Why Standardized Tests Are Not Working
- Bullying in Schools
- A Teacher's Guide to Differentiating Instruction
- Steps in the IEP Process