Transition to Kindergarten Parent Guides
The Michigan Department of Education (MDE), office of Early Childhood Education and Family Services, is pleased to share a resource for parents of children entering kindergarten. The resource is a culmination of many offices within MDE working together to develop Parent Guides, a series of tip sheets which highlight a variety of questions parents may have when their children are entering kindergarten.
Parent Guides were developed out of a request from a stakeholder group of parents of young children who supported that the most difficult transition time for them was kindegarten entry. The Parent Guides were reviewed by the Parent Involvement Committee of the State Interagency Coordinating Council (SICC) and were approved by SICC and authorized for distribution by MDE.
Reprinted with the permission of the Michigan Department of Education. © 2001-2007 State of Michigan
- Kindergarten Sight Words List
- First Grade Sight Words List
- 10 Fun Activities for Children with Autism
- Signs Your Child Might Have Asperger's Syndrome
- A Teacher's Guide to Differentiating Instruction
- Theories of Learning
- Child Development Theories
- Social Cognitive Theory
- Curriculum Definition
- Why is Play Important? Social and Emotional Development, Physical Development, Creative Development