State of Connecticut Academic Standards (page 2)
Connecticut Academic Standards Overview Page
What are the Connecticut Academic Standards?
The Common Core of Learning represents Connecticut's statement of the standard of an educated citizen and the skills, knowledge and character expected of Connecticut's secondary school graduates. As such, the Common Core of Learning represents an educational IOU from the state's schools to its citizens and articulates what an effective young citizen needs to know and be able to do.
Example of an Academic Standard: K-12 Social Studies
Applying History: Students will recognize the continuing importance of historical thinking and historical knowledge in their own lives and in the world in which they live.
How do I Find the State of Connecticut Academic Standards?
Standards are available from the Connecticut State Department of Education for Grades K-12 in the following disciplines:
- Social Studies
- World Languages
- The Arts
- Health and Safety Education
- Physical Education
- Technology Education
English Language Arts standards can be found at:
Mathematics standards can be found at:
- Kindergarten Sight Words List
- Signs Your Child Might Have Asperger's Syndrome
- 10 Fun Activities for Children with Autism
- Social Cognitive Theory
- Problems With Standardized Testing
- April Fools! The 10 Best Pranks to Play on Your Kids
- First Grade Sight Words List
- Child Development Theories
- Theories of Learning
- Nature and Nurture