State of Michigan Academic Standards (page 2)
Michigan Academic Standards Overview Page
What are the Michigan Academic Standards?
The content standards identified are presented as models for the development of local district curiculum by the Michigan State Board of Education and the Michigan Department of Education. They represent rigorous expectations for student performance, and describe the knowledge and abilities needed to be successful in today's society.
How do I Find the Academic Standards?
Grade Level Expectations (GLE) are available for Social Studies, English Language Proficiency, Arts, Career/Employability, Technology, and World Language for Kindergarten through Eighth Grade. K-8: http://www.michigan.gov/mde/0,1607,7-140-28753_33232---,00.html
- Under "Curriculum and Standards", select the subject for which you are interested.
- Some subject areas (e.g., Social Studies) the standards are coming soon. For the subject areas in which standards are available, they are found in PDF format.
GLE are available for Languages Other Than English, Science, Social Studies, English Language Arts, Health, Online Experience, Mathematics, and the Arts for high school. High School: http://www.michigan.gov/mde/0,1607,7-140-38924---,00.html
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and look under the heading, "Curriculum". Select the subject for which you are interested.
Reprinted with the permission of the Michigan Department of Education. © 2001-2007 State of Michigan
- Coats and Car Seats: A Lethal Combination?
- Kindergarten Sight Words List
- Child Development Theories
- Signs Your Child Might Have Asperger's Syndrome
- 10 Fun Activities for Children with Autism
- Why is Play Important? Social and Emotional Development, Physical Development, Creative Development
- The Homework Debate
- Social Cognitive Theory
- GED Math Practice Test 1
- First Grade Sight Words List