Special Needs State Resources (page 2)
NICHCY compiles disability-related resources in each state, and creates State Resource Sheets. This handy resource sheet will help you locate organizations and agencies within your state that address disability-related issues, including:
- State agencies serving children and youth with disabilities
- State chapters of disability organizations and parent groups
- Parent training and information projects
- And much more, including the official State Web site, Governors and U.S. Senators, and other useful associations and organizations.
To help you use your state's resource sheet,
we recommend these two steps...
Sneak a peek at our "cheat sheet" to the State Resource Sheets.
A lot of organizations are listed on your state's resource sheet. Which ones address your needs and concerns? Use our cheat sheet to find your way through the list to what you need.
Pick your state from the list below.
Check out the resources in your state. If you need to, narrow your search using the cheat sheet.
District of Columbia
Northern Mariana Islands
Reprinted with the permission of the National Dissemination Center.
Add your own comment
Today on Education.com
WORKBOOKSMay Workbooks are Here!
WE'VE GOT A GREAT ROUND-UP OF ACTIVITIES PERFECT FOR LONG WEEKENDS, STAYCATIONS, VACATIONS ... OR JUST SOME GOOD OLD-FASHIONED FUN!Get Outside! 10 Playful Activities
- Kindergarten Sight Words List
- The Five Warning Signs of Asperger's Syndrome
- What Makes a School Effective?
- Child Development Theories
- Why is Play Important? Social and Emotional Development, Physical Development, Creative Development
- 10 Fun Activities for Children with Autism
- Test Problems: Seven Reasons Why Standardized Tests Are Not Working
- Bullying in Schools
- A Teacher's Guide to Differentiating Instruction
- First Grade Sight Words List