Travel Benefits for Students and Teachers
Students and teachers can save money on transportation and accommodations, and obtain other discounts if they have one of the following:
- An International Student Identity Card (ISIC) - for students age 12 and older, who are enrolled in an accredited institution, and working towards a degree or diploma.
- An International Teacher Identity Card (ITIC) - for full-time teachers and faculty at an accredited institution.
- A GO 25 International Youth Travel Card - for ages 12 - 25. You must be at least 12 years of age, but not over 25 at the time that you apply.
These cards are available, with valid proof of your student or teacher status and a small fee, from:
STA Travel National Service
ID Cards Department
7890 S. Hardy Drive
Tempe, AZ 85284
Or by calling 1-800-226-8624.
The official website for ISIC is www.myISIC.com
The international identity cards offer the following benefits:
- Reduced airfares on major international airlines
- Discounts in the United States and abroad, including transportation, accommodations, international phone calls, car rentals and museum admissions
- Toll-free, 24-hour, emergency Help Line
- Basic insurance to cover sickness, accident and emergency evacuation while traveling outside the United States (only for cards purchased in the United States.)
- International student/teacher/youth recognition.
For more information about applying for international identity cards, contact STA as listed above, or at www.statravel.com.
Reprinted with the permission of the Department of State.
Add your own comment
Today on Education.com
WORKBOOKSMay Workbooks are Here!
WE'VE GOT A GREAT ROUND-UP OF ACTIVITIES PERFECT FOR LONG WEEKENDS, STAYCATIONS, VACATIONS ... OR JUST SOME GOOD OLD-FASHIONED FUN!Get Outside! 10 Playful Activities
- Kindergarten Sight Words List
- The Five Warning Signs of Asperger's Syndrome
- What Makes a School Effective?
- Child Development Theories
- Why is Play Important? Social and Emotional Development, Physical Development, Creative Development
- 10 Fun Activities for Children with Autism
- Test Problems: Seven Reasons Why Standardized Tests Are Not Working
- Bullying in Schools
- A Teacher's Guide to Differentiating Instruction
- Steps in the IEP Process