State of Utah Academic Standards
Utah Academic Standards Overview Page
What are the Utah Academic Standards Standards?
Utah’s education standards define the skills and knowledge its students should possess by the end of each grade.
Example Academic Standards: Grade 4 Mathematics
Develop a positive learning attitude toward mathematics.
When students are confident in their mathematical abilities, they demonstrate persistence in completing tasks. They pose mathematical questions about objects, events, and processes while displaying a sense of curiosity about numbers and patterns. It is important to build on students? innate problem-solving inclinations and to preserve and encourage a disposition that values mathematics.
How do I Find the Utah Academic Standards?
Utah core curriculum standards are available for Langauge Arts, Mathematics, Science, Health Education, World Language, Fine Arts (Grades 3-12), Dance, Music, Theater, Visual Arts, and Career and Technical Education (Grades 3-12) for all grades unless specified otherwise.
- Click the grade number based on which subject you wish to see
Mathematics Parent Guides
Add your own comment
Today on Education.com
- Kindergarten Sight Words List
- The Five Warning Signs of Asperger's Syndrome
- What Makes a School Effective?
- Child Development Theories
- Why is Play Important? Social and Emotional Development, Physical Development, Creative Development
- 10 Fun Activities for Children with Autism
- Test Problems: Seven Reasons Why Standardized Tests Are Not Working
- Bullying in Schools
- A Teacher's Guide to Differentiating Instruction
- Should Your Child Be Held Back a Grade? Know Your Rights