Are You a Creator? An Essay for Kids!
Kids seem to come in two basic designs: some are good at school and some are good at creating. There are also some who are good at both, and everybody can become better at one or the other. Those who are good at school can become better at creating, and those who are good at creating can become better at school.
If your parents were both good at school, you stand a better chance of being good at school as well. If one of your parents was not so good at school, you might struggle with school, too. So what can you do about it?
Well, you can be stressed, or you forget to do your homework, or you can put off your homework, or you can argue with your teachers, or you can refuse to go to school. But these don't solve the problem. Worse, they keep you from being able to reach your goals in life. You need a real solution. I have one for you.
Learning isn't hard. You learn lots of things quite easily. You're really smart outside of school. What are the things you do really well?
I'll bet you missed some things that are important. Check which of these things are easy for you:
|Taking things apart||___________________|
|Making new things out of old stuff||___________________|
|Building with Legos or K'Nex||___________________|
|Playing computer games||___________________|
|Making friends with animals||___________________|
|Knowing how to get to places you visited once||___________________|
|Making up silly jokes||___________________|
|Making up stories||___________________|
|Making someone who is sad feel better||___________________|
|Pretending to be somebody else||___________________|
|Playing by yourself||___________________|
Reprinted with the permission of the Visual-Spatial Resource. © 2004-2007, Visual-Spatial Resource. All rights reserved.
Add your own comment
- Kindergarten Sight Words List
- The Five Warning Signs of Asperger's Syndrome
- First Grade Sight Words List
- 10 Fun Activities for Children with Autism
- Graduation Inspiration: Top 10 Graduation Quotes
- What Makes a School Effective?
- Child Development Theories
- Should Your Child Be Held Back a Grade? Know Your Rights
- Why is Play Important? Social and Emotional Development, Physical Development, Creative Development
- Smart Parenting During and After Divorce: Introducing Your Child to Your New Partner