District of Columbia Academic Standards
The District of Columbia has adopted new, more challenging academic standards that spell out what students should know and be able to do in each subject, at each grade level, and in every school. The new academic standards in reading/English language arts, mathematics, science, and social studies are among the best in the nation, and they are the cornerstone of the school system’s commitment to providing an excellent education to each student.
These guides include a sampling of the learning standards in each grade, plus suggested home activities and a checklist of questions that parents and family members can ask teachers and principals about the standards.
Content Standards for Prekindergarten Through Grade 2
Grades 3 Through 5
Grades 6 Through 8
Grades 9 Through 12
Add your own comment
Today on Education.com
WORKBOOKSMay Workbooks are Here!
WE'VE GOT A GREAT ROUND-UP OF ACTIVITIES PERFECT FOR LONG WEEKENDS, STAYCATIONS, VACATIONS ... OR JUST SOME GOOD OLD-FASHIONED FUN!Get Outside! 10 Playful Activities
- Kindergarten Sight Words List
- The Five Warning Signs of Asperger's Syndrome
- What Makes a School Effective?
- Child Development Theories
- Why is Play Important? Social and Emotional Development, Physical Development, Creative Development
- 10 Fun Activities for Children with Autism
- Test Problems: Seven Reasons Why Standardized Tests Are Not Working
- Bullying in Schools
- A Teacher's Guide to Differentiating Instruction
- Steps in the IEP Process