District of Columbia Academic Standards
The District of Columbia has adopted new, more challenging academic standards that spell out what students should know and be able to do in each subject, at each grade level, and in every school. The new academic standards in reading/English language arts, mathematics, science, and social studies are among the best in the nation, and they are the cornerstone of the school system’s commitment to providing an excellent education to each student.
These guides include a sampling of the learning standards in each grade, plus suggested home activities and a checklist of questions that parents and family members can ask teachers and principals about the standards.
Content Standards for Prekindergarten Through Grade 2
Grades 3 Through 5
Grades 6 Through 8
Grades 9 Through 12
Washington Virtual Academies
Tuition-free online school for Washington students.
- Coats and Car Seats: A Lethal Combination?
- Kindergarten Sight Words List
- Child Development Theories
- Signs Your Child Might Have Asperger's Syndrome
- 10 Fun Activities for Children with Autism
- Social Cognitive Theory
- Why is Play Important? Social and Emotional Development, Physical Development, Creative Development
- GED Math Practice Test 1
- The Homework Debate
- Problems With Standardized Testing