Fourth Grade Scientists
Why was the scientist mad? Because he had such bad hair! Science gets fun in fourth grade.
What You Need to Know
In a continuation of third grade science, your child will still be working with science processes and concepts this year. You can expect her to work on the following:
- using the scientific method,
- exploring force and motion,
- changing matter using heat,
- identifying adaptive characteristics of organisms,
- classifying organisms and their roles in living systems,
- distinguishing inherited and learned traits, and
- identifying effects of erosion, sedimentation, and weathering.
How You Can Help
- It’s always a good time to go to a museum, but fourth graders are now able to appreciate many exhibits and the scientific concepts presented. Visit the natural history, space, or science museum. Many will have interactive exhibits that make science hands-on and fun.
- Help your child realize that science is happening every day. Whether it’s discovering a new species of dinosaur or charting global climate, scientists are hard at work. Learn about the latest science news at Science News for Kids. In addition to news, there are puzzles, games, labs, and more.
For more information about fourth grade science, please see the full article:
Washington Virtual Academies
Tuition-free online school for Washington students.
- Coats and Car Seats: A Lethal Combination?
- Kindergarten Sight Words List
- Child Development Theories
- Signs Your Child Might Have Asperger's Syndrome
- 10 Fun Activities for Children with Autism
- Why is Play Important? Social and Emotional Development, Physical Development, Creative Development
- Social Cognitive Theory
- GED Math Practice Test 1
- The Homework Debate
- First Grade Sight Words List