Overview of the Learning Theories
Understanding how students learn, and particularly how they learn to read and write, influences the instructional approaches that teachers use. The table below presents an overview of the four learning theories: Behaviorism, Constructivism, Sociolinguistics, and Cognitive/Information Processing.
© ______ 2010, Allyn & Bacon, an imprint of Pearson Education Inc. Used by permission. All rights reserved. The reproduction, duplication, or distribution of this material by any means including but not limited to email and blogs is strictly prohibited without the explicit permission of the publisher.
- Kindergarten Sight Words List
- First Grade Sight Words List
- 10 Fun Activities for Children with Autism
- Signs Your Child Might Have Asperger's Syndrome
- A Teacher's Guide to Differentiating Instruction
- Definitions of Social Studies
- What Makes a School Effective?
- Curriculum Definition
- Theories of Learning
- Child Development Theories