Overview of Planning and Organizing Tools
Planning and organizing tools include outlining and concept mapping software, lesson planning software, and scheduling/time management tools. A summary of these, with sample products and classroom uses is shown below.
|Software Tools||Sample Products||Description/Sample Classroom Uses|
|Outlining and concept mapping software||
|Help students organize their ideas in outline or concept map form to prepare for writing; help create story structures.|
Centron's Lesson Power
|Help teachers prepare and document lesson plans.|
|Scheduling and time management tools||
ThoughtManager for Teachers
|Help teachers organize their time and plan activities.|
© ______ 2010, Allyn & Bacon, an imprint of Pearson Education Inc. Used by permission. All rights reserved. The reproduction, duplication, or distribution of this material by any means including but not limited to email and blogs is strictly prohibited without the explicit permission of the publisher.
Washington Virtual Academies
Tuition-free online school for Washington students.
- Coats and Car Seats: A Lethal Combination?
- Kindergarten Sight Words List
- Child Development Theories
- Signs Your Child Might Have Asperger's Syndrome
- 10 Fun Activities for Children with Autism
- Why is Play Important? Social and Emotional Development, Physical Development, Creative Development
- First Grade Sight Words List
- Social Cognitive Theory
- The Homework Debate
- GED Math Practice Test 1