Palabras Nuevas: Aprendizaje Y Ortografía De Vocabulario Emergente Ejercicios - Aprenda Rápido Vocabulario y Ortografía en Inglés (page 3)
Completa los ejercicios 1 y 2 y compara tus respuestas al final de esta lección. Si tu resultado es menos del 80 por ciento en cualquiera de los ejercicios, haz el ejer-cicio 3 para práctica adicional.
Del "banco" de palabras alistadas abajo, selecciona el término que más corresponde a los párrafos siguientes.
- The study of the physics of very low temperatures and their effects on the body is called _________.
- Just to be safe, bosses always plan for the __________.
- We don't like to say we are firing people; we prefer to say we are __________ our staff.
- American industry has been scaled back as companies find foreign labor through __________.
- After a politician speaks out on an issue, the __________ come on the air to put the most favorable interpretation on his remarks.
- When we look for a job we inquire at the __________ department, once called "personnel."
- If you want to hear about the seamy side of life, you can find all you want on __________, which specializes in sensational stories.
- When a young employee is quickly promoted, he seems to be on the __________ to success and power.
- Scientists warn that the __________ created by carbon dioxide emissions is raising temperatures worldwide and resulting in _________.
- An expert or advisor to politicians regarding issues of public concern is sometimes called a _________.
Resultado del ejercicio 1: _____ (en base a 11)
Selecciona la palabra compuesta o el nombre de marca que major complete las oraciones siguientes.
- If I wanted to photocopy something, I would __________ it.
- If I wanted to watch an amusing program with a continuing story line, I would watch my favorite _________.
- A program on television that featured new cosmetics might be an _________.
- Some cities are chronically polluted by a thick ceiling of __________.
- On Sunday mornings, groups of friends gather for __________.
- If I wanted to have fun, I would play __________ with a friend.
- If I want to make a film of my child's birthday party, I could use a _________.
- If I want to watch a concert on television and listen to it on the radio at the same time, it needs to be _________.
- For our hike, we are taking a __________ of coffee.
- People sometimes scatter the ashes or __________ of a loved one in a special place.
Resultado del ejercicio 2: _____
Determina como cierto o falso las oraciones siguientes, de acuerdo al significado de las palabras subrayadas.
- Hip-hop is a style of music and dance that originated in urban areas.
- A docudrama is an imaginative look at a real situation.
- You could use a thermos to catch fish.
- A person who goes ballistic is calm and assured.
- The process by which people make connections for the purpose of doing business is called networking.
- In-vitro fertilization takes place outside the mother's body.
- Despite their hot climate, many Sun Belt cities now have their own ice-hockey teams.
- An exact genetic duplication is a biosphere.
- Infomercials are often shown late at night and last up to 30 minutes.
- When a company hires an outside party to provide certain materials or services, that company is outsourcing.
Resultado del ejercicio 3: _____
Ejercicios Con Los Nuevos Términos
- worst-case scenario
- spin doctors
- human resources
- tabloid television
- fast track
- greenhouse effect, global warming
- policy wonk
Add your own comment
- Kindergarten Sight Words List
- The Five Warning Signs of Asperger's Syndrome
- First Grade Sight Words List
- Graduation Inspiration: Top 10 Graduation Quotes
- 10 Fun Activities for Children with Autism
- What Makes a School Effective?
- Child Development Theories
- Should Your Child Be Held Back a Grade? Know Your Rights
- Why is Play Important? Social and Emotional Development, Physical Development, Creative Development
- Smart Parenting During and After Divorce: Introducing Your Child to Your New Partner