Professional Fields of Study in Sport and Movement Studies
Are you a high school student who loves sport and activity? A graduate who wants to change their career path? Have you ever thought of pursuing sport as a career? Are you aware of the different professional fields of study in the area of sport and movement studies? There are many! It is an exciting field full of many diverse opportunities to meet your personal interests. As you begin your college search, this information will assist you in describing the different areas of study available at academic institutions that offer sport and movement science programs. Like most majors, not all academic institutions offer every field of study. For example, a school may only offer physical education or athletic training or health promotion. Conversely and unlike many majors, the various fields of study in sport and movement sciences may be named differently at two similar institutions. For example, the field of Exercise Science has also been entitled Fitness at other institutions with complementary course offerings. This information will attempt to clarify the prominent areas of study and highlight essential information to help further your understanding of the discipline.
The area of sport and movement studies has grown tremendously in employment opportunities as well as the number of individuals who choose to make it their profession. Read further to see what the field of sport and movement studies has to offer YOU!
Reprinted with the permission of the American Alliance for Health, Physical Education, Recreation and Dance.
Add your own comment
- Kindergarten Sight Words List
- The Five Warning Signs of Asperger's Syndrome
- First Grade Sight Words List
- 10 Fun Activities for Children with Autism
- Graduation Inspiration: Top 10 Graduation Quotes
- What Makes a School Effective?
- Child Development Theories
- Should Your Child Be Held Back a Grade? Know Your Rights
- Why is Play Important? Social and Emotional Development, Physical Development, Creative Development
- Smart Parenting During and After Divorce: Introducing Your Child to Your New Partner