Romance On Campus: Cool College Date Ideas
If you do start dating someone more seriously, it won't take long before your forays to hear singing groups and see movies at the campus film series will start to get dull. If the Greek scene and the campus party scene are not for you, here are some other creative and exciting date ideas:
- Head to the nearest big city to a concert or game or for dinner or brunch.
- Drive to the mountains and go camping or go for a long hike.
- Head to the lake or to the ocean for the day or a weekend.
- Run, blade, or mountain bike together at a scenic location.
- Take a blanket and go stargazing at the campus astronomy observatory.
- Go to a wine tasting.
- Take a yoga or meditation class.
- Find a building with roof access and bring a blanket and a bottle of wine.
- Get dressed up and go to a nearby casino or charity casino night.
- Find a friend with a kitchen and cook dinner.
- Find a place to go skiing, snowboarding, or ice skating, or to take a sleigh ride.
- Spend a night in the country at a bed-and-breakfast.
- Get tickets to a musical or play at a nearby theater.
- Go to a minor league baseball or hockey game.
- Go skydiving or bungee-jumping.
- Have a tarot card reading together"just for fun.
- Go to the circus or a carnival when it comes to town.
- Go to the state or county fair.
- Find a nearby farm and go apple picking.
- Take a sailing lesson on the nearest large body of water.
- Go to open mic night at a local club.
- Pursue a shared hobby"for example, writing, music, or photography.
- Get dressed up and go to a formal dinner at a fancy restaurant or hotel.
- Spend an evening looking through travel guides at the campus bookstore.
- Spend an afternoon at the career services office to find cool joint summer employment.
- Spend the day at the nearest amusement park or water park.
- Spend an afternoon touring one of the campus or city museums.
- Go to hear a campus speaker.
- Play doubles tennis against another couple.
- Stay in and compete against each other in a board game with "stakes."
- Play Pictionary, Celebrity, or Trivial Pursuit against other couples.
- Hit the road for a few days to support a political candidate.
- Visit and tour each others' hometowns.
Washington Virtual Academies
Tuition-free online school for Washington students.
- Kindergarten Sight Words List
- Signs Your Child Might Have Asperger's Syndrome
- Coats and Car Seats: A Lethal Combination?
- Child Development Theories
- GED Math Practice Test 1
- The Homework Debate
- Graduation Inspiration: Top 10 Graduation Quotes
- Social Cognitive Theory
- 10 Fun Activities for Children with Autism
- First Grade Sight Words List