Teaching Tips: Services Provided by the Resource Teacher
The resource teacher is primarily responsible for teaching students in the resource class. However, certain services may be offered to general education teachers if the provision of those services would enhance the likelihood of success for students with learning disabilities. These include the following types of activities:
- Alternative testing situations in which tests from the mainstream class are taken in the resource room, where the teacher can help read the questions.
- Assistance with homework or classwork assignments in the resource class.
- Suggestions for materials and teaching approaches for use in the general education class.
- Testing time to identify problem areas in the basic-skills curriculum, in order to enhance the general education teacher's planning.
- Observations in the general education class, in order to identify problems that the child has.
- Planning time so that the same content may be covered in the resource room and general education class at the same point during the year.
- Crisis-intervention services to assist the general education teacher when a behavioral problem develops.
- Other services as needed, when the resource teacher's time will allow them.
© ______ 2008, Merrill, an imprint of Pearson Education Inc. Used by permission. All rights reserved. The reproduction, duplication, or distribution of this material by any means including but not limited to email and blogs is strictly prohibited without the explicit permission of the publisher.
Add your own comment
Today on Education.com
WORKBOOKSMay Workbooks are Here!
WE'VE GOT A GREAT ROUND-UP OF ACTIVITIES PERFECT FOR LONG WEEKENDS, STAYCATIONS, VACATIONS ... OR JUST SOME GOOD OLD-FASHIONED FUN!Get Outside! 10 Playful Activities
- Kindergarten Sight Words List
- The Five Warning Signs of Asperger's Syndrome
- What Makes a School Effective?
- Child Development Theories
- Why is Play Important? Social and Emotional Development, Physical Development, Creative Development
- 10 Fun Activities for Children with Autism
- Test Problems: Seven Reasons Why Standardized Tests Are Not Working
- Bullying in Schools
- A Teacher's Guide to Differentiating Instruction
- First Grade Sight Words List