What are the signs that a child is bullying others?
It is difficult to come to terms with the fact that children so young can display such acts of violence. It can sometimes be difficult to tell if a child bullies. Here are some common signs.
- Children who bully tend to have1:
- Average or above average self-esteem.
- Impulsive personalities.
- Lack of empathy.
- Difficulty conforming to rules.
- Positive attitudes toward violence.
- Some bullies are quite popular, enjoying high status and esteem from their peers, and even teachers. These are called “Hidden bullies” - popular children who exhibit aggression (persistent arguing, fighting, getting in trouble).2
Add your own comment
Today on Education.com
- Kindergarten Sight Words List
- The Five Warning Signs of Asperger's Syndrome
- What Makes a School Effective?
- Child Development Theories
- Why is Play Important? Social and Emotional Development, Physical Development, Creative Development
- 10 Fun Activities for Children with Autism
- Bullying in Schools
- Test Problems: Seven Reasons Why Standardized Tests Are Not Working
- Should Your Child Be Held Back a Grade? Know Your Rights
- First Grade Sight Words List