What are the signs that my child is being bullied online?
Although cyberbullying has the potential to be a very public form of victimization, depending upon the reach of the type of media used, many victims of cyberbullying are likely to suffer in silence.
Warning signs that someone you know may be the victim of cyberbullying include the following:
- Avoiding the computer, cell phone, and other technological devices or appearing stressed when receiving an e-mail, instant message, or text.
- Withdrawing from family and friends, or acting reluctant to attend school and social events.
- Avoiding conversations about computer use.1
- Displaying numerous negative feelings, including sadness, anger, frustration, reduced tolerance and worry.2
- Grades beginning to decline.
- Lack of eating or sleeping.
- Coats and Car Seats: A Lethal Combination?
- Kindergarten Sight Words List
- Child Development Theories
- Signs Your Child Might Have Asperger's Syndrome
- 10 Fun Activities for Children with Autism
- Why is Play Important? Social and Emotional Development, Physical Development, Creative Development
- First Grade Sight Words List
- Social Cognitive Theory
- The Homework Debate
- GED Math Practice Test 1