Top Ten Websites for Physical Education and Health Education
Teachers can find information and resources for enhancing the teaching of physical education and health at the following ten websites.
- American Alliance for Health, Physical Education, Recreation, and Dance http://www.aahperd.org The professional organization for educators in these areas.
- American School Health Association http://www.ashaweb.org/ The professional organization for health educators.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention http://www.cdc.gov This site offers a broad range of current information on health and wellness and is an excellent source of quality information for students and teachers.
- Go Ask Alice http://www.goaskalice.columbia.edu/ Students or teachers ask questions about health and wellness issues. Visitors simply send in their questions; they are answered by a team of experts from the Columbia University Health Question & Answer Service.
- Kids Health http://www.kidshealth.org/ Parents.children. teens, and professionals find answers to commonly asked health questions. Topics include the benefits of different types of vitamins, the food pyramid, healthy children's recipes, how to read food labels, and keeping fit.
- Health Teacher http://www.healthteacher.com/ Subscription-based site that offers a comprehensive, sequential K-12 health education curriculum consisting of almost 300 lesson guides that meet national health education standards and provide skills-based assessment methods.
- University of Alberta Health Centre Health Information Page http://www.ualberta.ca/healthinfo Provides access to free interactive software that teaches about various health topics relevant to young adults.
- Science of Sport http://www.exploratorium.com/sport/index.html interactive site addresses the science of sport-specifically baseball, cycling, skateboarding, and hockey.
- P.E. Links 4U http://www.pelinks4u.org Provides information on adapted physical education, coaching and sports, elementary physical education, health and nutrition, fitness, interdisciplinary secondary physical education, and technology in physical education. Also has links to other major physical education websites.
- Using Technology in Physical Education Newsletter http://www.pesoftware.com/technews/news.html Newsletter provides physical educators and health educators with the latest information on using technology in physical education.
© ______ 2010, Allyn & Bacon, an imprint of Pearson Education Inc. Used by permission. All rights reserved. The reproduction, duplication, or distribution of this material by any means including but not limited to email and blogs is strictly prohibited without the explicit permission of the publisher.
- Kindergarten Sight Words List
- First Grade Sight Words List
- 10 Fun Activities for Children with Autism
- Signs Your Child Might Have Asperger's Syndrome
- Theories of Learning
- A Teacher's Guide to Differentiating Instruction
- Child Development Theories
- Social Cognitive Theory
- Curriculum Definition
- Why is Play Important? Social and Emotional Development, Physical Development, Creative Development