Toys for 6 Month Old
What Kinds of Toys Are Good for a Baby?
Many low-cost toys and household objects will be fun for your baby.
She may enjoy:
- Brightly colored mobiles or pictures placed out of reach
- Soft, light, sturdy rattles
- Cloth or vinyl picture books
- A mirror that cannot break
- Washable dolls and stuffed animals without loose parts
Babies like to put everything in their mouths. It is very easy for a baby to choke on small things. Check toys to make sure they are safe. Look for loose parts or sharp objects. Do not let your baby have a rubber balloon. Balloons are the toy that babies choke on the most. The shiny (mylar) balloons are okay.
To find out if a toy is too small:
- Drop it into an empty toilet paper tube.
- If it is small enough to fall through the tube, it could cause choking.
- Do not let your baby play with any toys that are too small.
Add your own comment
Today on Education.com
- Kindergarten Sight Words List
- The Five Warning Signs of Asperger's Syndrome
- What Makes a School Effective?
- Child Development Theories
- Why is Play Important? Social and Emotional Development, Physical Development, Creative Development
- 10 Fun Activities for Children with Autism
- Bullying in Schools
- Test Problems: Seven Reasons Why Standardized Tests Are Not Working
- Should Your Child Be Held Back a Grade? Know Your Rights
- First Grade Sight Words List