Why must we stop cyberbullying?
- Bullying of all kinds can seriously affect the mental health, academic work, and physical health of children who are targeted.1
- We must try to end all forms of bullying, particularly the new emerging problem of cyberbullying because:
- Cyberbullying can occur at any time of the day or night
- Cyberbullying messages and images can be distributed quickly to a very wide audience
- Children and youth can be anonymous when cyberbullying, which makes it difficult (and sometimes impossible) to trace them.2
- Research examining the harm caused by cyberbullying media in comparison to traditional bullying found that although most forms of cyberbullying were rated as having a similar impact, pictures and video clips were perceived to cause much greater harm than traditional bullying.2
Add your own comment
Today on Education.com
Wondering what others found interesting? Check out our most popular articles.
- Kindergarten Sight Words List
- The Five Warning Signs of Asperger's Syndrome
- What Makes a School Effective?
- Child Development Theories
- Why is Play Important? Social and Emotional Development, Physical Development, Creative Development
- 10 Fun Activities for Children with Autism
- Bullying in Schools
- Test Problems: Seven Reasons Why Standardized Tests Are Not Working
- Should Your Child Be Held Back a Grade? Know Your Rights
- First Grade Sight Words List
Take a look at what other users are searching for most.