Man-made fuel is any substance that generates heat energy for the purpose of mechanical work. Most fuels produce energy by burning. In this theoretical research project you will study available man-made fuels, and propose a possible new alternative fuel source.
What types of fuel are currently available, and what could be a possible new fuel source?
- Computer with Internet access
- Color printer
- Digital camera
- Typical office/hobby/hardware/craft supplies (paper, poster board, glue, etc.).
- Study relevant topics (see bibliography below and terms listed above)
- Address all of the above terms and research questions.
- Search and print out interesting images relevant to your topic.
- Take photographs throughout the course of the experiment.
- Consult fuel manufacturers for advice.
- Propose a new alternative fuel source.
- Write your reasoning in a detailed report.
- Include photos, diagrams, models and demonstrations in your science fair display.
Warning is hereby given that not all Project Ideas are appropriate for all individuals or in all circumstances. Implementation of any Science Project Idea should be undertaken only in appropriate settings and with appropriate parental or other supervision. Reading and following the safety precautions of all materials used in a project is the sole responsibility of each individual. For further information, consult your state’s handbook of Science Safety.