The Sheer Joy of Vacuuming
Vacuuming is a household chore nobody likes, especially when you have to stop and change the attachments. It isn't hard to imagine a new and improved vacuum cleaner with rotating attachments that change at the touch of a button. This project invites you to design one.
How can one design a new vacuum with self-changing attachments?
- Computer with Internet access
- Color printer
- Digital camera
- Typical office/hobby/hardware/craft supplies (paper, poster board, glue, etc.).
- Vacuum cleaner with basic attachments
- Consult vacuum cleaner manufacturers for advice.
- Design a vacuum cleaner with attachments that change automatically.
- Build a working model of your design.
- Include photos, diagrams, models and live demonstrations in your science fair display.
Warning is hereby given that not all Project Ideas are appropriate for all individuals or in all circumstances. Implementation of any Science Project Idea should be undertaken only in appropriate settings and with appropriate parental or other supervision. Reading and following the safety precautions of all materials used in a project is the sole responsibility of each individual. For further information, consult your state’s handbook of Science Safety.