Vacuuming is a household chore nobody likes, especially when you have to stop and change the attachments. It isn't hard to imagine a new and improved vacuum cleaner with rotating attachments that change at the touch of a button. This project invites you to design one.
How can one design a new vacuum with self-changing attachments?
- Computer with Internet access
- Color printer
- Digital camera
- Typical office/hobby/hardware/craft supplies (paper, poster board, glue, etc.).
- Vacuum cleaner with basic attachments
- Consult vacuum cleaner manufacturers for advice.
- Design a vacuum cleaner with attachments that change automatically.
- Build a working model of your design.
- Include photos, diagrams, models and live demonstrations in your science fair display.
Disclaimer and Safety Precautions
Education.com provides the Science Fair Project Ideas for informational
purposes only. Education.com does not make any guarantee or representation
regarding the Science Fair Project Ideas and is not responsible or liable for
any loss or damage, directly or indirectly, caused by your use of such
information. By accessing the Science Fair Project Ideas, you waive and
renounce any claims against Education.com that arise thereof. In addition, your
access to Education.com's website and Science Fair Project Ideas is covered by
on Education.com's liability.
Warning is hereby given that not all Project Ideas are appropriate for all
individuals or in all circumstances. Implementation of any Science Project Idea
should be undertaken only in appropriate settings and with appropriate parental
or other supervision. Reading and following the safety precautions of all
materials used in a project is the sole responsibility of each individual. For
further information, consult your state's handbook of Science Safety.