Consuming large amounts of fat doesn't only make a person overweight, but this unhealthy eating habit can also lead to heart disease and increase the chances of other illnesses.
Which cooking method gets rid of the most fat?
- The same cut of fatty meat in the same size
- A steamer in a pot
- A personal grill (like George Foreman)
- A skillet
- An oven with a baking dish
- Measuring containers to collect & hold fat
- Precise kitchen scale
- Basic kitchen utensils
- Using the same size of the same cut of fatty meat, cook it completely these 4 ways: steam (fat will collect at the bottom of steamer/pot), personal grilling (these usually will come with a long, slender dish to catch the fat), baking (fat will collect at the bottom of the baking dish), pan-frying (fat will collect in pan
- To yield more accurate results, do not add any other ingredients to the meat and wait for the fat to sit on top and freeze solid. This is pure fat.
- Weigh the beaker. Keep this number.
- Take the fat from each of these meats and put it in a measuring container (separatley), like a beaker.
- Weigh the fat on the kitchen scale for all the meats. Subtract the weight of the container from the total weight.
- Now put the fat in a microwave oven just until it completely melts. Read the liquid measurements for all of the meats. Which one has the most fat
- Evaluate your results.