Smartphone applications are so popular that Apple currently sells more than 300,000 apps from its online app store. An app can be an interactive game, a navigational device, a business software package, or just about anything else you can imagine. This project allows you to get a head start in the growing app design field by designing your own app for popular smartphones.
How can one learn more about app design by creating a new app or making improvements to an old one?
- Computer with Internet access
- Color printer
- Digital camera
- Typical office/hobby/hardware/craft supplies (paper, poster board, glue, etc.).
- A smartphone
- Read overview of relevant topics (see bibliography below)
- Address all of the terms and research questions mentioned here.
- Search and print out interesting images relevant to your topic.
- Design your own app from scratch, OR by modifying an existing app.
- Build the app you designed.
- Have a number of people test your new app.
- Contact potential buyers and market your new app.
- Describe your new app and how it was built in a detailed report.
- Include photos, diagrams, and demonstrations in your science fair display.