Does storing your orange juice at different temperatures affects its acidity?
- pH paper
- Orange juice
- Food storage with changeable temperature
- Before you start, pour some orange juice into a cup.
- Put the pH paper into the juice.
- Record exactly what color it is and if it is very basic, basic, neutral, acidicor very acidic.
- Pour one cup of orange juice into a sealed jar or bottle.
- Put it into the storage apparatus.
- Adjust temperature to 40 – 50 degrees. (If you cannot set a specific temperature, experiment with the settings on the storage apparatus and use the thermometer to know what setting to put it on.)
- Leave the orange juice in for one day.
- Take the orange juice out of storage and put the pH paper into the juice.
- Depending on what color the pH paper is, the juice should either be very basic, basic, neutral, acidic, or very acidic.
- Make sure to record the exact color it is. Describe it in detail. Examples: dark red with slightly orange sides, blue with green sides, etc.
Disclaimer and Safety Precautions
Education.com provides the Science Fair Project Ideas for informational
purposes only. Education.com does not make any guarantee or representation
regarding the Science Fair Project Ideas and is not responsible or liable for
any loss or damage, directly or indirectly, caused by your use of such
information. By accessing the Science Fair Project Ideas, you waive and
renounce any claims against Education.com that arise thereof. In addition, your
access to Education.com's website and Science Fair Project Ideas is covered by
on Education.com's liability.
Warning is hereby given that not all Project Ideas are appropriate for all
individuals or in all circumstances. Implementation of any Science Project Idea
should be undertaken only in appropriate settings and with appropriate parental
or other supervision. Reading and following the safety precautions of all
materials used in a project is the sole responsibility of each individual. For
further information, consult your state's handbook of Science Safety.