What You Need:
- Pair of plain cotton jersey athletic shorts in Dad’s size
- Matching plain T-shirt
- Iron-on alphabet letters in any color (available at a fabric or craft store)
- Iron and ironing board
- Plain sheet of paper
What You Do:
- Ask your kindergartener what words she would like to write to Daddy to let him know how much she loves him. Some kids may just say “I love you,” of course, but be prepared for some delightful alternatives.
- Along with your child, write out the message ahead of time on a sheet of paper.
- Help your child spell out the words with the iron-on letters on a table surface.
- T-shirts have two sides that you can work on, and for shorts you can stick to decorating one side only unless you and your child want to be extra silly and decorate the back side!
- Adjust your letters to fit the space that you have to work with and arrange them.
- Then follow the manufacturer’s directions to iron the letters on.
When you've finished you'll have a great gift to give Dad that he'll be able to wear to let everyone know how much he is loved!