What You Need:
- Small objects, like buttons, coins, toys or beads, etc
- Two players
What You Do:
- Instruct your child to find 15 small things, for example: buttons.
- On each player's turn, he or she can take one or two buttons away. Take turns doing this.
- The loser is the player who takes the last button.
- Eventually, you can teach your child the winning strategy: Just make sure on her turn she leaves 13,10, 7, 4 or 1 objects. Give the game a challenging twist by using a different number of objects or by taking away different amounts.
Your child can teach her friends this game during lunch and be the hit of the cafeteria!