What You Need:
- At least four swimmers
- Pool noodle
- Inflatable swim rings
What You Do:
- Divide the swimmers into pairs. One person on each team will toss the rings. The second person is the floater.
- Have the floaters get in the pool and sit on the pool noodle so that one end of the noodle rises up in the air. This protruding end of the pool noodle is the ring toss target.
- Tell the floaters to turn themselves and their pool noodles so that their backs are to the pool deck.
- Have the floaters' partners get in position to toss the rings.
- Now, tell the floaters' partners to start tossing the rings. Encourage the players on deck to shout directions to the rider.
- If the teams are struggling, give the riders permission to look over his shoulder to help catch the rings.
- The pair that catches the most rings is the winner.
Note: You may choose to have the player on the side of the pool toss the rings to the part of the noodle that is sticking out behind the player in the water for more points.