What You Need:
- Clear soda (7-Up or Sprite)
- Cranberry juice
- White grape juice
- Green and red glow sticks
- Food coloring (red for blood, green for potion - and any other creepy colors you might like)
- Cake decorating gel (red for blood, green for slime)
- Variety of plastic “body parts” (severed fingers, eyeballs etc - these can be found at most costume or party stores)
- Clear plastic cups and champagne flutes
- White office labels
- Black and/or red markers
What You Do:
- Set up your spooky beverage bar. This can be your kitchen counter, your dining room table or anywhere else that works. Line up your soda, juices, materials, and supplies along the bar. You can mix some drinks ahead of time or you can allow your guests to blend their own brews.
- For "Witch’s Potion", mix clear soda with white grape juice in a glass punch bowl and then add a drop or two of green food coloring to the mixture. Give the potion a ghastly glow by unwrapping and “cracking” a green glow stick and placing it behind the glass bowl. Make a label or sign to place in front of the punch bowl, and write “POISON” or “DANGER” or sketch a skull on it. Chill with ice. Voila! This terrible tonic is ready!
- For "Dracula’s Blood", pour some clear soda and some cranberry juice into a champagne flute. Use about a 1 to 1 ratio. Add a few drops of red food coloring to darken the liquid. Smear cake decorating gel, acting as blood, on the rim of the cup as you see fit. When you take sip, you'll get some "blood" on your mouth it will look as if you've just had a nice "bite" to eat! Your hungry vampire guests will love it!
- Other tips to frighten and fascinate your guests: Smear green cake decorating gel onto the rims of cups to look like slime oozing down the glass. Have a bowl of plastic eyeballs sitting next to the other drinks to serve as a 'zombie refreshment.' Place plastic severed body parts around your drink displays to give the table a creepy vibe. Don't be afraid to make things gruesome and get a little messy. It's all part of the fun!
Any odd-colored cocktail, really, will be warmly received at your ghoulish event. So stock up on strange colors and grisly body parts, and let your wicked imagination do the rest!