Or download our app "Guided Lessons by Education.com" on your device's app store.
Book Through the Summer
Summer is a wonderful time for kids. Not only do they get a well-deserved break from their busy school schedule, but they get time to reflect, grow, and experience. Whether your child will be attending camp, staying home, or going to visit family or friends, it's bound to be memorable! To keep those memories alive forever, help him create a summer book that encourages writing practice over his three-month break.
Writing Process Review:
- Brainstorming: Includes thinking, taking notes, talking to others, outlining, and gathering information.
- Pre-Writing: Putting your ideas into an outline or using a graphic organizer.
- Draft: The meat of the writing, in which you include the ideas and thoughts from brainstorming and pre-writing.
- Editing: The re-reading of the story. Does it make sense? Are all of the details included? Is the grammar, punctuation, and format all correct?
- Revising: Correcting, changing, or adding to your writing from the edit stage.
- Final Copy: Writing the whole story with edits and revisions complete.