What You Need:
- White paper plate
- Safety scissors
- Metallic pipe cleaners
- Glitter glue
- Googly eyes (optional)
- Photo portrait (optional)
What You Do:
- Show your child how to divide the 9-inch plate into four pie sections by folding it in half twice.
- Have your child cut down the folded lines to produce four wedge-shaped pieces.
- Take three of the wedges and layer them together at the points, leaving a border at the bottom of each one to form the angel's gown. Glue them down.
- Cut the fluted edge off of the fourth and last wedge and glue it across the body for the angel's arms.
- With the remainder of the wedge, cut out a 2-inch circle for the face and glue this to the top of the body, at the point.
- Show your shild how to make two wings and a circular halo with metallic pipe cleaners. Attach these with tacky glue.
- Cut out small pieces of yarn and glue on the head, for hair.
- Your child can now cut out a photo of his head and glue it to the head of the angel, or use markers and googly eyes to create a face.
- Get creative! Have your child decorate the angel's gown to give it a heavenly aura.
This ornament looks great on a tree!