What You Need:
- 1 pound extra jumbo shrimp, deveined, peeled, with tail on
- ¾ cup sweet rice flour for dredging
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, heated til dissolved and cooled
- 1 cup shredded sweetened coconut
- ¼ cup gluten-free Panko bread crumbs
For the Apricot Dipping Sauce:
- 1/3 cup apricot jam
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon teriyaki sauce (Very Teri brand is very good)
What You Do:
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a shallow dish, combine the sweet rice flour, ground ginger, salt, and pepper.
- In a second shallow dish, combine the eggs, garlic, and coconut oil and whisk well.
- In a third shallow dish, stir together the coconut and breadcrumbs.
- Have your child dip the shrimp into the rice flour, then the egg mixture, and finally the coconut breadcrumb mixture.
- Place the shrimp on a rack and set the rack into a baking pan. Bake the shrimp for 14-16 minutes.
- While the shrimp is cooking, prepare the dipping sauce. In a small bowl, ask your child to mix the apricot jam, Dijon mustard, and teriyaki sauce.
- Let the shrimp cool slightly, then serve with a generous helping of apricot dipping sauce. Enjoy immediately.
Watch as the shrimp disappears right before your eyes! Your family might ask you to bake another batch so consider buying ingredients to double the recipe.