What You Need:
- Muffin baking cups, preferably in black or orange
- Black thread
- Googly eyes
- Hot glue gun
- Pipe cleaners
What You Do:
- Show your child how to thread the needle. This is great hand-eye coordination practice!
- Select two muffin baking cups of the same color and place one inside the other, to ensure a sturdy spider.
- Have your child thread the sewing needle down into the bottom of the cup and back up again so you have a thread to hang the cups with. Cut off the string and tie a knot at the end.
- Have your child cut four pipe cleaners in half and fold them into the joints for the spider’s eight legs.
- Glue the eight legs under the side edges of the muffin cups.
- Glue googly eyes on the muffin cup for the spider’s eyes.
- Your child can also cut a small piece of pipe cleaner and glue it under the eyes for the spider’s mouth.
Hand the spiders up anywhere that needs a festive touch!