What You Need:
- 2 coffee cans, large
- Rocks, or sand
- 2 Dowels, 1.5" in diameter, 4' long
- Beach ball, large
- 2 pieces of string or thin rope, 6' long each
- Colored tape
What You Do:
- Help your child make the net! Have her hold a dowel upright in the center of a coffee can, while you fill the can with rocks or sand. Repeat with the other can and dowel rod.
- Instruct your child to set the cans 3 feet apart.
- Help your child tie a string or thin rope at the top ends of both dowels, creating the top of the net.
- Repeat this process, tying the second string two feet under the first.
- Tape out the play area, inside or out. Make sure your child has plenty of room on each side of the net for chasing the ball.
- Blow up the beach ball and start playing.
This game is perfect for playing with two kids on each side of the net. Encourage them to toss the ball back and forth over the net. They can create their own rules and take turns keeping score.