What You Need:
- 1 ice cube tray
- 1 cup dirt or sand
- 2/3 cup water
- Measuring cups
- Food coloring (optional)
What You Do:
- Let your child measure the correct amount of dirt into a measuring cup.
- Help him carefully pour it into the bowl.
- Next, let him measure out the correct amount of water into a measuring cup.
- Help him carefully pour the water into the bowl with the dirt.
- If he wants to add in food coloring, help him do so now.
- Let him mix the dirt and water together using his fingers.
- Once the water and dirt are completely incorporated, help him evenly divide the mud between each compartment in the ice cube tray. Next, have him pack each mini mud brick down with his thumb.
- Encourage him to carefully remove the mud bricks from the ice cube tray by overturning it.
- Or, he can allow the mud to dry a bit and then empty out the tray.
Now your child has his very own brick building that's perfect for pretend play! If you have bricks to spare, why not make more buildings? Build a house, a tower, or even a miniature city.