What You Need:
- Brown paper lunch bag
- Construction paper
- Clear drying, non-toxic glue or glue stick
- Cotton balls
- Felt or tempera paint and paint brush (optional)
What You Do:
- Have your child turn the paper bag so the flap is at the top and facing him.
- Ask him to cut out two bunny ears, two eyes, and a nose and place them on the flap to make the bunny's face.
- Once he's happy with the arrangement of the bunny's face, glue the facial features and ears to the bag.
- Have your child add details and decorations such as spots or stripes using the markers.
- Give your bunny fur by painting it on with tempera paint or gluing on pieces of felt (optional).
- Set the puppet aside to dry.
- Once dry, have your child turn the puppet over and glue a cluster of cotton balls on the back .
Use the bunny to put on a dramatic Easter-themed puppet show. Make other animal paper bag puppets and get the whole family involved in the fun!