What You Need:
- Clean rag
- Paint shirts
- Chalkboard paint
- Paint brush
What You Do:
- Prepare your painting area. Lay newspapers on the floor, underneath the chair.
- Help your child sand down the entire chair except for the sections she sits on. This project will allow her to use chalk on the chair, but she doesn't need chalk all over her clothes every time she sits down. Instead, focus on sanding away the rough spots on the legs and back of the chair.
- Have her wipe down the chair with a clean rag.
- Put on your paint shirts. Chalk board paint is usually washable but it does have the potential to stain.
- Supervise your child as she begins painting the chair. Make sure she follows the directions on the paint can. The number of coats and the required drying time varies.
- When the paint has dried, encourage your daughter to label her chair, adding her name and any designs that she wants. Not perfect? Don’t worry. Just wipe it clean with a damp cloth and try again.
Create a chair for everyone in the family and encourage your children to leave messages for each other as part of their daily routine.