What You Need:
- 1/2 cup plus 3 tablespoons softened butter
- 1/4 cup fat-free evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons cocoa
- 1/2 cup confectioner’s sugar plus 1 cup, separated
- 1 cup chopped almonds
- Wooden spoon
- Baking sheet
- Flour sifter or fine sieve
What You Do:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Have your child mix the butter until it is creamy and fluffy.
- Have your child carefully add the evaporated milk and vanilla.
- Working with one ingredient at a time, help your child carefully stir the flour, cocoa, sugar, and almonds into the butter mixture with a wooden spoon.
- Ask your child to shape the chocolate mixture into balls about 1" wide and place them on the baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes.
- Have your child immediately roll each ball in 1 cup confectioner’s sugar and reserve any left over sugar.
- Allow the snowballs to cool completely, approximately 15-20 minutes.
- Using the flour sifter or fine sieve, have your child sift the remaining powdered sugar over the snowballs so that each one is well coated.
Now it's time to dig in! Chocolate snowballs are great for any occasion—have them right out of the oven, save them for dessert, or serve them at a Christmas party.