What You Need:
- 12 pieces of colorful paper (index card sized)
- Hole punch
- Photographs/stickers (optional)
What You Do:
- Your child should have a friend in mind as she gathers quotes from books, movies, and songs that remind her of that friend. She should choose 12 quotes total so she has one for each month of the year.
- On each piece of paper, she can use markers to carefully write the quote as well as the month of the year.
- Encourage her to decorate each calendar page with pictures of her and her friend or magazine clippings that represent their friendship. She could also add a border to each page with stickers or markers.
- After all the pages are complete, she should stack the calendar in order and hole punch one corner of it. String the ribbon through the corner and tie it in a loop so that there is enough slack to turn the pages of the calendar.
This could also become a present for Mom or Dad by catering it to their tastes and picking quotes that reflect on family and why it is important!