What You Need:
What You Do:
- Have your child take out a handful of sequins from the mix and start to separate the colors and shapes that she wants to use on her pot. For the top edge, have her choose "chunky" or larger sequins and set them aside.
- Working from the bottom of the pot up, encourage her to glue a row of sequins along the bottom of the pot, making sure they don't extend past the bottom of the pot. Allow this to dry for a few minutes.
- Encourage her to continue with the next row, overlapping the first. Continue all rows until the entire pot is covered, allowing the glue to dry between each layer.
- Finally, for the top edge, have her glue on the chunkier sequins so they go all the way around the pot.
- Time to put a plant in your decorative pottery!
With parental supervision, a low-temperature hot glue gun works very well and speeds up the process.
Make sure to put small rocks or pebbles in the bottom of the pot before planting any soil or plants. This will allow for drainage.