What You Need:
- 9 sheets white paper
- Pair of dice
- Two players
What You Do:
- Using the marker, help your child draw a standard nine square tic-tac-toe grid on each sheet of white paper.
- Then, still using the marker, help her write a random number from 2 to 12 on each of the nine squares in each tic-tac-toe grid. When she’s finished, she should have 81 numbers written down.
- Help her arrange the papers in a 3 x 3 square.
- To play, decide who's up first.
- Have the first player up roll the pair of dice and add the two numbers she rolled together.
- Using the marker, she should then draw either an X or an O inside of a grid that has the number she rolled.
- The goal of the game is to gain the majority of a grid (five spaces). If a child gets the majority of a grid, she gets to flip that piece of paper over and draw either an X or an O on the back.
- Whoever flips over and marks 3 sheets in a row wins.
If you want to play more than once, be sure to laminate your pieces of paper and grab some dry or wet erase markers for writing your X's and O's.